Shipment Receiving Instructions
Inspecting Product When Delivered
How to Inspect?
To Report Damaged Product
Please have the following ready before contacting Kinect Solar, LLC:
- Photos of the damaged product
- Photo of the serial number for the damaged product
- A copy of the delivered BOL – Damage must be noted on the receiving BOL to
- increase chance of winning a claim with the freight carrier
For Product Lost in Transit
Kinect booked freight:
- Report lost product to the carrier at the time of delivery before signing the carrier’s BOL indicating the missing product. Request driver name, contact information and truck number.
- Call Kinect Solar immediately at 212.519.1137 Most lost product is found within two days. If your product is not found by the carrier after two business days, we will arrange for immediate replacement.
Customer booked freight:
- Customers will need to contact their carrier to file a claim.
For Receipt of Incorrect Product
If the product on the packing slip does not match the product you received, mark immediately on the BOL before signing and accepting the delivery. In making a claim, please have the following ready before contacting Kinect Solar:
- photos of the incorrect product
- quantity of incorrect items received
We may perform an inventory count of the requested product to verify mis-ship.
Replacements will be sent to you as quickly as possible.
For Return of Unwanted or Misordered Product
- your sales order number
- photos of product
- reason for return
- action to take (replacement/return/credit)
- make sure all products are neatly stacked, properly secured to the pallet; and, wrapped with a protective covering (banding and stretch wrap)
- for boxed product, return all products 100% complete, including all original manufacturer boxes with the UPC code and packing materials, all manuals, blank warranty cards, accessories, and any other documentation included with the original shipment