Shipment Receiving Instructions
Inspecting Product When Delivered
When receiving your order please visually inspect your shipment for damages and shortages, before signing the delivery receipt. If there is not enough time to inspect the entire shipment upon delivery, please note “pending further inspection” or “possible concealed damage, pending inspection” on the delivery receipt. We will do our utmost to send replacements in a timely manner but this may vary depending on the situation, the time of notification, and the information provided.
How to Inspect?
To Report Damaged Product
Please have the following ready before contacting Kinect Solar, LLC:
- Photos of the damaged product
- Photo of the serial number for the damaged product
- A copy of the delivered BOL – Damage must be noted on the receiving BOL to increase chance of winning a claim with the freight carrier
For Product Lost in Transit
Kinect booked freight:
- Report lost product to the carrier at the time of delivery before signing the carrier’s BOL indicating the missing product. Request driver name, contact information and truck number.
- Call Kinect Solar immediately at 212.519.1137
Most lost product is found within two days. If your product is not found by the carrier after two business days, we will arrange for immediate replacement.
If you need the product before the two-day window has expired, please discuss details with your Kinect Solar customer service representative.
Customer booked freight:
- Customers will need to contact their carrier to file a claim.
For Receipt of Incorrect Product
If the product on the packing slip does not match the product you received, mark immediately on the BOL before signing and accepting the delivery. In making a claim, please have the following ready before contacting Kinect Solar:
- photos of the incorrect product
- quantity of incorrect items received
We may perform an inventory count of the requested product to verify mis-ship.
Replacements will be sent to you as quickly as possible.
For Return of Unwanted or Mis-ordered Product
We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. As such, uninstalled product may be returned to its original packaging within 15 days of shipment delivery with prior approval*
In order to return product to Kinect Solar, we must first issue you an RMA (Return Authorization).**Please have the following ready before contacting Kinect Solar”
- your sales order number
- photos of product
- reason for return
- action to take (replacement/return/credit)
When shipping your product back to our warehouse please package appropriately:
- make sure all products are neatly stacked, properly secured to the pallet; and, wrapped with a protective covering (banding and stretch wrap)
- on boxed product, return all products 100% complete, including all original manufacturer boxes with the UPC code and packing materials, all manuals, blank warranty cards, accessories, and any other documentation included with the original shipment
*All returns of the unwanted or disordered product may incur a 15% restocking fee. The customer is responsible for all return shipping charges. The customer is also responsible for all risk of loss and/or damage to products being shipped for return, exchange, or replacement.
**If we receive your product without an RMA, our warehouse will not be able to process your return and the product may be returned to you at your expense.
Special Order Policy
Kinect Solar cannot guarantee returns on Special Order Drop Ship items and End of Life Product. Please contact us with any questions.
Re-Consignment of Shipment/Change of Shipping Address
We understand that sometimes an order must be re-consigned. If the delivery address on an order is changed after your order has shipped, you may incur a re-consignment fee. This fee would be determined by the carrier and be passed along to you.
Customer satisfaction is our top priority. If you ever have questions or need to submit a claim, then please complete the below form and/or call 212.512.1137: